...and fixes from committers still require a committer review, just to
remove any incentive for someone to push through silly things like ignoring
tests that indicate real problems.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 2:44 PM Caleb Rackliffe <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I'm spinning this out of the other thread we have going right now on LLM
> usage...
>
> I'd like to propose that we slightly change the way we deal with incoming
> patches that only touch existing tests.
>
> *Current Policy (and please correct me if I've misinterpreted our current
> rules)*
>
> Fixes from non-committer contributors that only touch existing tests in an
> effort to stabilize them still require 2 committer reviewers before commit.
>
> *Proposed Policy*
>
> Fixes of this type from non-committer contributors only require one
> committer review. CI verification of the effectiveness of the fix is still
> required, etc.
>
> ...
>
> That's it. I'm just looking for ways to make small, reasonable changes
> that might free up committer bandwidth for some of the larger, more
> earth-shaking things happening right now.
>

Reply via email to