Hi Werner, Hi Lukas,

we had the same discussion some time ago. I have tried 'mvn
eclipse:eclipse' once again and it still does not generate these files.
It only generates module specific eclipse project files which are a pain
to work with. It also requires additional steps for those looking at
Castor code for the first time.

As far as I remember you never updated those files since our migration
to maven as I frequently had to do this when checking out you changes. I
didn't moan about that as I knew that you are working with multi project
setup. This is fine for me but I and probably most first time users
prefer to work with a single project which requires these files. To my
knowledge these files do not prevent you from working your way but
without them I would have to always create them by hand.

If you manage to configure maven to create these files for me I would be
fine with removing them from SVN. Until that time we should keep them as
they are.

Regards
Ralf

Werner Guttmann schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> are there any strong objections to remove the Eclipse project files
> from SVN trunk, as these files can be easily generated using
>
> > mvn eclipse:eclipse
>
> at the project root. Personally, having to maintain .classpath
> manually is getting a pain in the %&/$.
>
> Regards
> Werner

Syscon Ingenieurbüro für Meß- und Datentechnik GmbH
Ralf Joachim
Raiffeisenstraße 11
72127 Kusterdingen
Germany

Tel.   +49 7071 3690 52
Mobil: +49 173 9630135
Fax    +49 7071 3690 98

Internet: www.syscon.eu
E-Mail: ralf.joac...@syscon.eu

Sitz der Gesellschaft: D-72127 Kusterdingen
Registereintrag: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 382295
Geschäftsleitung: Jens Joachim, Ralf Joachim