Hi Ralf, Hi Werner,

I'm sorry for my late response.

Werner, you asked for a Sax2EventFromStax test in which there is a
prefix that's not bound to a namespace.
This test should check if the exceptions thrown by SAX and StAX are the same.

In this test there is an error AND also a wrong assumption [1].

I'm trying to unmarshal this XML document:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><pre:UnmarshalFranz
pre:content="Bla Bla Bla" />

The error was that the test uses XMLEventReader which works for Java 6
but not for Java 5. That's why I'm going to change to XMLStreamReader
which works for both versions.

My wrong assumption was that using SAX for unmarshalling will fail but
it doesn't. Why doesn't fail it ?

Regards,
Philipp

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CASTOR-2989