Hi Wentao,

OpenCMIS does pretty much what you have done, but behind the scenes. It sets the maxItems and skipCount parameters when it executes a query. Once a batch is processed, it fires the same query again with another skipCount.

Re 1) Do you have a cluster of servers? If so, the other calls might have been processed by another node.

Re 2) The server needed 34 seconds of the 52 seconds to compile the response. That leaves us with 18 seconds, which is still a lot of time. OpenCMIS is usually pretty fast. Do you have an idea how big the responses are?

Re 3) Depending on how paging is implemented on the server side, the server might have to internally recalculate the first page again before it can serve the second page. That’s the case for many repositories. Every page gets slower than the page before. That’s why you should make the pages as big as possible if you want process all query results.

- Florian

Thanks Florian. It works.

Could you help to provide a little more details on how the  paging
works between OpenCMIS client with CMIS server on the backend? Here
are some logs I get from FileNet CMIS for FileNet access logs.

2017-11-16      14:03:09        0.02    GET
/fncmis/resources/Service?repositoryId=os1  200
2017-11-16      14:03:39        0.013   GET
/fncmis/resources/Service?repositoryId= os1  200
2017-11-16      14:03:39        0.003   GET
/fncmis/resources/Service?repositoryId= os1  200
2017-11-16 14:04:13 34.107 POST /fncmis/resources/os1/Query 201
2017-11-16      14:05:05        0.028   GET
/fncmis/resources/Service?repositoryId= os1  200
2017-11-16      14:05:05        0.004   GET
/fncmis/resources/Service?repositoryId= os1  200
2017-11-16 14:05:55 50.104 POST /fncmis/resources/os1/Query 201

There were total 6661 items back and the page size was 1500, from the
log I noticed a few things that I am not quite understand:

1. There were only 2 queries been triggered, I thought it should at
least had 5 (6661/1500)?
2. There were 52 seconds (14:05:05 - 14:04:13) between the first query
call and the subsequent calls, I guess it took a while for OpenCMIS
client to process something?  52 seconds seems like a bit longer than
expect.
3. The second query took longer than first query, but I guess it is a
question for IBM CMIS expert to answer.

Wentao