I agree.  Mean bias is more useful for model evaluation.  This could of course
be applied also to mean winter bias, or mean summer bias not just annual.

Paul

From: <Boustani>, "Maziyar (398F)"
<maziyar.boust...@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:maziyar.boust...@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:41 PM
To: Paul Loikith
<paul.c.loik...@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:paul.c.loik...@jpl.nasa.gov>>, Alex Goodman
<alex.good...@colostate.edu<mailto:alex.good...@colostate.edu>>
Cc: "dev@climate.apache.org<mailto:dev@climate.apache.org>"
<dev@climate.apache.org<mailto:dev@climate.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Model Observation Evaluation exmaple

I guess the best solution here is to add the new Metric
"calcBiasAberageOverTime" to our Metrics and use that in this example to be
able to generate one plot.

……………………
Maziyar Boustani
Software Engineer - GIS Developer
Science Data Understanding Group
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive,
Pasadena, CA, 91109
maziyar.boust...@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:maziyar.boust...@jpl.nasa.gov>