On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 7:16 AM, Joe Brockmeier <j...@zonker.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013, at 07:06 PM, Jessica Tomechak wrote:
> > One way the community could help is by making sure the "How to Contribute
> > to Docs" part of our wiki is a great as it can be.[1]  I feel like our
> > docs
> > process is pretty straightforward and well explained, witness that
> > several
> > contributors have been able to self-teach from this wiki. But if anyone
> > wants to add more examples, tutorials, etc., that would be awesome.
>
> Puzzled by the mention of "the community" here. We're all community
> here. ;-)

I was referring to the whole community, including myself, you, and all the
others. I thought "we" might not be clear enough. Don't worry, I know I'm
in it!

> Whether the docs process is straightforward, I'm not sure. Getting into
> Publican/Docbook is non-trivial.

Well...let's say it is probably easier than learning Java programming. :)

> The wiki doesn't really give much of a guide as far as "here's how you
> actually add something to the docs."
>
> But I'm not even sure that's the problem. Finding documentation
> contributors is usually difficult since you really need:
>
> - Someone who understands the project/product.
> - Someone who can write clearly *and* enjoys doing it.
> - Someone who meets the above two criteria and isn't already overloaded
> with other work.
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> j...@zonker.net
> Twitter: @jzb
> http://www.dissociatedpress.net/

I am not adding many more suggestions, simply because I think Radhika has
hit it right on the head. We have to go where the writers are.

Jessica T.