/me know your pain, I am feeling it on a long standing change right
now. The pain needs to be felt and should lead to better
modularization of the code. Having some regression tests in place that
will force other committers to take into account the code you depend
on is one thing. This won't help you now. I'm afraid you are going to
have to byte the bullet.