From: Chip Childers [chip.child...@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:01 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Rayees Namathponnan; Frank Zhang; Animesh Chaturvedi
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] CSS framework for CloudStack UI

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:53:18AM +0530, Amit Das wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> I agree with Edison on usage of grunt & using maven-exec to call grunt.
>
> Will wait for your repository that has your experiments.
> I believe setting up the Maven tasks will be a one-time setting & should
> work without issues.

IIRC, Grunt is installed via NPM.  So does that pull in a bunch of new
developer requirements to build the project?  Is there a standalone
installation for Grunt to lighten the build dependency chain?

How about using SassC? [1]

Let's be sure to use the scss spec, not the sass older style (HAML
inspired)!  That appears to be Hampton's focus these days [2].

-chip

[1] https://github.com/hcatlin/sassc
[2] Per intro on http://sass-lang.com/