Interesting. I'm not sure how I missed this thread... I'll try to chime in
where I can, then. However, everything going on in here sounds like work for
post-4.3, but if we are adding revert volume snapshot to 4.3, we will need a
solution to that before then. It seems like the idea I've got for this is
fairly lightweight and could be either extended or removed depending on what
comes out of that discussion. If there are other ideas, I'm more than happy to
continue discussions.

-Chris
--
Chris Suich