On 6 aug. 2014, at 15:06, Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Hugo,
>
> +1
>
> On a totally different issue, if we’re going to adopt git-flow let’s not use
> bug fix branch names with the prefix “hotfix/“ because as the per convention
> it’s for already released versions and for serious production issues.
> Instead, I recommend that we can either go with “feature/CID-XXXX” as all
> features should have bug ids and bugfixes should have them too.

Feature sounds a bit strange to me for bugs coming out of static code analysis.
Typically they are bugs in released versions (unless we really fix the lot of
them ;-) ) The seriousness is up for debate and varies issue by issue.

> Lastly, we can in-fact use custom names in git-flow so we can use something
> like “bugfix/ID” like “bugfix/1234” so we don’t even have to add the
> "CLOUDSTACK-“ prefix and it’s more readable. The commits though should have
> the full name “CLOUDSTACK-xxx” to be picked up by ASFBot.

These are not jira issues, but coverity issues. ASFbot doesn’t now about them.
They are for now manually tracked in the coverity interface.