Hi Erik and thanks for your effort. Using user data is a nice idea.
Let's see what more experienced programmers have to say on this.

One thing that I noticed; though it might have been OK in your particular case,
"rm -rf /var/lib/cloud/" is a bad idea as it can include various useful scripts
along that path. As you noticed I copy the cloudstack-set-password script in
/var/lib/cloud/scripts/per-boot, so that's one example. :-)

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro