From: Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com<mailto:run...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, November 24, 2014 at 1:36 PM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>"
<dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Moving ec2stack and gstack to the cloudstack repos.

On Nov 24, 2014, at 3:44 PM, Chiradeep Vittal
<chiradeep.vit...@citrix.com<mailto:chiradeep.vit...@citrix.com>> wrote:

“..nobody in the community (aside from you, Likitha and Prachi) have actually
touched that code in the last two years. So if we don't maintain that code.."
That’s false equivalence. Clearly it has been maintained since there are bug
fixes.

I don't know…I look at:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/master/awsapi

I see Hugo has fixed some coverity issues

I applied a review 8 months ago

the rest is older. but maybe I am not looking at this the right way.

there is one review still pending:

https://reviews.apache.org/r/21776/

So from looking at it this way it does not look actively maintained. No ?

But we’re looking to make things better. I am not sure HOW bringing in another
compatibility layer brings benefits, UNLESS WE propose to commit time to
provide a suite of integration tests (say, via eutester)

Do we have a suite of integration tests for awsapi that is running right now ?
where ?

I did play with eutester and actually patched it to work with cloudstack when I
worked on ec2stack:

http://sebgoa.blogspot.de/2014/06/eutester-interesting-tool-based-on-boto.html

-sebastien

Thanks