Hi Daan,

It was the importing of a standard template added via the UI. I will re-try
again today to ensure it wasn't a networking fault (unlikely) but the
messages about the host disconnecting randomly does have me concerned.

I was using the system vm template from jenkins.
http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/job/cloudstack-4.4-systemvm64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/tools/appliance/dist/systemvm64template-4.4-2014-11-24-xen.vhd.bz2