Basically it only needs to allow connections on port 22 with either a key or a
password and Jenkins will pretty much auto configure itself to run it as a
slave. So Jenkins isn’t even running on the machine, just the slave process.

What i do to prepare a machine to be a (centos) slave is:
 * install rpmbuild, git, yum-utils
 * git clone the cloudstack source (or download just the spec file)
 * run yum-builddep on packaging/centos(63|7)/cloud.spec to install all
dependencies
 * install mysql-server or mariadb-server (for the simulator)
 * remove the cloudstack sources again

Cheers,

Hugo