Hi pierre-Luc,

Thanks for bringing this up.
The release process indeed needs discussion and action.

I agree to your suggestions. Few changes
1. no direct commits even for minor, not even fixing typo. (the definition
of minor differs from person to person and it again brings us back to the
same situation)
2. I dont think fast simulator is ready. Check the last message on the
thread you sent.

It would be better to get github jenkins gate ready(we dont have date or
expected time of this yet). If any help is needed in this effort, we should
work on this first than 4.6

It would help to publish the tentative release dates. so that, developers
can target feature merges/bug fixes.

In addition to this, I think we should also discuss the git workflow again.
merge to higher releases(atleast 4.6 to master) and stop cherry picking.

~Rajani