Hi all,

This is a very edge case problem but I'm interested in hearing some
possible solutions to it.

I've been playing with running a full KVM basic networking Cloudstack
environment on AWS.

Running nested virtualization on the AWS cloud comes with some interesting
issues. I'm using a service provided by RavelloSystems.com to get around
this. They provide an overlaying hypervisor that does binary translation of
all user space code and intercepting of kernel code to enable nested
virtualization.

virt-what is ran at user space level and when it queries the hypervisor it
gets the underlaying cloud hypervisor. This means when system vms come up
running on a KVM instance hosted on AWS virt-what detects the hypervisor as
xen-hvm (AWSs hypervisor) and as a result cloud-early-startup attempts to
look for cmdlines to do network configuration and what not.

Any suggestions for improving hypervisor detection?

Thanks,
Ian