Hi Rohit,

Thanks for sharing your observations. I agree with you that anybody that
contributes (or uses) Apache CloudStack should feel welcome in the community.

In the past weeks I tried to respond to as many PRs as I could and merge them
as soon as it met the requirements. When I can not review myself, I usually
ping someone and ask to do the review. This way I hope new contributors too get
a fast response. I agree this is important so let us all have a look at the PRs
on a regular basis and review them if possible.

Also, I dropped the closing of PRs for now. I get your point and propose to
leave it as-is. It’s not important now.

I see a master that gets more stable every day and I think that’s awesome. Also
for new contributors or new users this is great, as most new devs will checkout
master to see if it is any good. In the current state, I’d say we improved
greatly.

So, it’s true that our review process takes time and effort, but IMHO it’s
worth it. Running tests before anything hits master shows us problems in
advance. And in case it doesn’t, we can always go ahead and improve the tests.

If you see things we can improve, please share.

Regards,
Remi