At several of the companies where I've worked before, we would hold "bug
court" a couple times per week as the release marched on.

Representatives from different areas (product marketing, sales, support,
engineering, etc.) would attend and we'd go through all issues opened since
the previous bug court and prioritize them. Depending on how close we were
to GA for a release, less critical defects (unless trivial to fix) would be
postponed until a subsequent release.

This allowed us to control more closely what went into a release the closer
we got to GA, but it's probably not practical for CloudStack as it requires
a fair amount of discussion for each new issue.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com