Hi Nux,
   The thing about ghz is that it is the unit of capacity for CPU, VMs are
allocated to hosts according to the number of "cycles" it has.  As a
customer, I agree, core count is more important. As an admin, if you have a
single host in a cluster that is using much more CPU than the others and
want to try to balance, the ghz number for the VM can tell you 1) which VMs
on a host are the 'biggest' when cgroup throttling kicks in, that is, how
much of the host CPU share a VM will get, and 2) if that VM will fit on
another host - the old UI helps you know which hosts don't have capacity
for a migration, but it doesn't tell you how full each host is and doesn't
give you this data to know how full you'll make a host if you migrate.

    Many people will want these metrics to go into a time series system and
use something like the graphite publisher instead, as that will give better
visibility into what's going on over time, but this seems like a good
out-of-the-box solution to expose the data we already have buried in the UI.