Hi,

In the process of developing a form of volume snapshots that are stored on
primary storage (for managed storage only), I have noticed a couple things
about (traditional) volume snapshots that perhaps one of you may be able to
answer.

1) After deleting a volume snapshot, I notice the cloud.snapshots.removed cell
for the applicable row is still set to null. I assume this is a bug? The
cloud.snapshots.status cell for this row is set to Destroyed, so perhaps this
is all we look at.

2) When we take a volume snapshot on XenServer, we take a hypervisor snapshot
of the applicable virtual disk and copy it to secondary storage.

When we delete the volume snapshot, the hypervisor snapshot of that virtual
disk does not get deleted (even when no more volume snapshots exist for the
volume in question). Seems like a bug perhaps?

Thanks,

Mike