Will,

Will this request grant us all of the permissions we need to manage the flow
PRs automatically? If we cannot get the access we require, could we propose to
and vote as a community for a new Github organization (e.g. cloudstack) which
is owned and controlled by our community?

Thanks,
-John

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
John Burwell
ShapeBlue

d:      +44 (20) 3603 0542 | s: +1 (571) 403-2411
<tel:+44%20(20)%203603%200542%20|%20s:%20+1%20(571)%20403-2411>

e:      john.burw...@shapeblue.com | t:
<mailto:john.burw...@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:>     |      w:

a:      53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden London WC2N 4HS UK

[cid:imaged5a9b6.png@1320cd79.4b95e882]

Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services
India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from
Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in
Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd
is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under
license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error.

On Mar 10, 2016, at 6:03 PM, Will Stevens <wstev...@cloudops.com> wrote:

> I have made the request. Here is the Jira ticket:
>
> Here is the content of the request...
>
> ---
>
> This request is for personal access tokens with the following permission be
> added to the https://github.com/apache/cloudstack repository in order for
> the apache cloudstack community to be able to implement Continuious
> Integration.
>
> Permission: (https://github.com/settings/tokens)
> - `repo:status` - Grants read/write access to public and private repository
> commit statuses. This scope is only necessary to grant other users or
> services access to private repository commit statuses without granting
> access to the code.
>
> With this permission the token owner will be able to view the
> apache/cloudstack repo and will be able to create and update the status of
> a pull request. This is the same type of permission used by the current
> TravisCI integration, but will allow the community to feedback the status
> of distributed CI runs on physical hardware. Here is more detail on the
> Status functionality: https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/statuses/
>
> We would like the following apache/cloudstack community members be sent
> their own personal access tokens since they will be providing physical
> hardware for doing CI for apache/cloudstack and would like the results of
> these CI runs to be posted back to the community so the release managers on
> the project can better assess the impact of the different pull requests.
>
> Will Stevens <wstev...@cloudops.com>
> Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
> Bharat Kumar <bharat.ku...@accelerite.com>
> Remi Bergsma <rberg...@schubergphilis.com>
>
> By providing each individual their own access token, you maintain fine
> grain control of their access to modify pull request statuses from their CI
> and you can revoke individual tokens if there is ever a concern.
>
> Some more context around this request...
>
> The Apache CloudStack community has been struggling with code quality
> issues due to the lack of CI and the wide breadth of features. Because of
> the scale of the project, no single organization or community member has
> the hardware to fully test the extent of the functionality provided by the
> product. This in combination with the attempt to increase the release
> cadence, the lack of full CI coverage is becoming a painful reality.
>
> I have developed a very simple CLI tool called `upr` (
> https://github.com/swill/upr) which can be easily integrated into any CI
> implementation used by the different organizations/individuals to post back
> the status of their CI runs to the community.
>
> Please feel free to engage with us on the dev@cloudstack.apache.org mailing
> list if anything is unclear or if you have questions.
>
> ---
>
> *Will STEVENS*
> Lead Developer
>
> *CloudOps* *| *Cloud Solutions Experts
> 420 rue Guy *|* Montreal *|* Quebec *|* H3J 1S6
> [...]

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//> |
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> |
CloudStack Software
CloudStack Infrastructure