Github user swill commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1509#issuecomment-213442284

    Lets close this PR and open it based off the 4.7 branch.  @ustcweizhou's
LGTM vote will still count on the new PR.  Lets just reference this PR in the
new PR so we remember to count his vote.  :)

    Basically how this works is as follows:
    - The current release is 4.8.
    - We support fixes in one release prior the the current release, and those
fixes are put against the main branch, so in this case 4.7.  I am not sure of
the release cycle on this branch, but at some point a newer minor release may
be cut from this branch (something like 4.7.2 for example).
    - Whenever a fix is made in a previous release, the fix is then forward
merged into the later releases.  This is so the commit hash is consistent
between all branches making it easier to understand if a specific fix is in a
specific branch.  So if a commit is added to the 4.7 branch, it will be forward
merged to the 4.8 branch, and then forward merged again to master.
    - We treat master as the next release and add new features there and make
sure everything is stable for the next release (in this case 4.9).

    Does that all make sense?  Don't be shy if you have questions.  I will do
my best to support you.  :)

---
with INFRA.
---