Simon Weller (who added a comment on the ticket itself) said the following
: "According to the 4.8 docs, OVS and KVM VPC doesn't currently work. I'm
not aware of any work that has changed this in master.

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/networking/ovs-plugin.html#using-the-ovs-plugin-with-vpc
"

Looking at the logs in the ticket, the request reaches the cloudstack-agent
(so connectivity is fine), but it fails do to an error in 'cs_ip.py' :

File "/opt/cloud/bin/cs_ip.py", line 32, in merge    ip['device'] =
'eth' + str(ip['nic_dev_id'])KeyError: 'nic_dev_id'

Kind regards,
Nick Livens