So I see a few different ways in which tests are defined.

For example, here are a few different attribute configurations:

a) @attr(tags=["advanced", "intervlan"])
b) @attr(tags=["advanced", "intervlan"], required_hardware="true")
c) @attr(tags=["advanced", "intervlan"], required_hardware="false")

Then there are different ways to run tests.  Some examples are:

1) nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=${marvinCfg} -s -a tags=advanced
2) nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=${marvinCfg} -s -a
tags=advanced,required_hardware=true
3) nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=${marvinCfg} -s -a
tags=advanced,required_hardware=false

I am trying to figure out which tests are run in each case.

I think 2) is the easiest case because it should only run b).

3) is a little less clear to me because I know it will run c), but will it
run a)?

1) is the least clear to me because I don't know if it will run any of the
'required_hardware' tests.

Can someone drop a little knowledge on me?

Thanks,

Will