Github user nathanejohnson commented on the issue:

    @wido that seems to be the case, yes.

https://github.com/myENA/cloudstack/blob/44220a41c119020404c55e7a82a808ddee828116/plugins/hypervisors/kvm/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/kvm/storage/KVMStorageProcessor.java#L727

    The section starts there, and down on line 747 it calls convert.  Keep in
mind the above link is the code as if this PR was applied.  From my testing,
this seems to work well, but please let me know if after revisiting the code
you have any concerns.  Thank you!

---
with INFRA.
---