From: John Kinsella <jlkin...@gmail.com>
Sent: 02 December 2016 13:12:12
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Bountycastle upgrade

2 thoughts:

1) I know this is partially git’s fault on the diff, and i know this is a
standard gripe from me, but for reviewers things are much easier if
syntax/whitespace changes are separated out into a separate patch from
logic/functionality.
2) One thing that caught my eye was the SHA-1 use on the fingerprint. That got
me looking around the codebase, and I see SHA-1/SHA1 sprinkled around. It’s not
considered secure anymore [1]. Some of the uses are just for naming, that’s
fine. I don’t think any of the use I saw was OMGFIXNOW. But at some point might
be nice to replace all that with SHA-256. Would require a data migration,
though.
3) Awesome, run with it. :)

John
1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-1#Cryptanalysis_and_validation