Github user rhtyd commented on the issue:

    With `cs.jdk.version` set to 1.8 for both as source and target versions,
generated jars can only be run against JRE1.8. Forward compatibility is not
supported (build with 1.8, run on 1.7), we can force the maven compiler plugin
to target for 1.7 while set source to 1.8, but I read that it may not work
sometimes and I would like to avoid that given 1.7 has EOL-ed.

    Without having package/version dependencies fixated on jdk/jre1.8,
sysadmins will only find out when the agents/usage server or mgmt server fails
to start with an error message such as `Unsupported major.minor version 52.0`

---
with INFRA.
---