Thanks for all your work on this, Marco! I’m definitely looking forward to
attending.

On 1/23/17, 12:51 PM, "Marco Sinhoreli" <marco.sinhor...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

    Hi Aldrey, Mike and Nicolas.

    Thank you for sharing yours points of view.

    Last year, as I told you all before, many companies give up to sponsor the
CCC by budget cut due to the economic and political crisis in Brazil. We tried
until the last time to do that but the situation was really unsustainable to
realize the event due to lack of sponsors. We confirmed March 20-21 with the
venue but I agree the @Will arguments about the insufficient time until the
dates proposed and for these dates are very close to the ApacheCon NA.

    We are working very close to the University and the community members to
bring the CCC in Brazil. Our country is quite lacking in CCC level events and
it will be a differential for many IT people. I personally admire a lot of you
from this community and I see a huge differential compared to the others. As
one old saying goes, "It's better quality than quantity," and that's exactly
what I see in each of you. I have taken this message in several places that
have visited and shown the honesty of the Apache CloudStack project for
businesses and users. From my side, I will do my best to get the CCC in Brazil
and didn't disappoint you. The Brazilian market already shows improvements and
I feel that we will have sponsors to really make an incredible CCC.

    IMHO, following Will's thoughts and considering the Mike’s recommendation,
September is the month most recommended for the CCC.

    Considering September the CCC date, we have from our side these tasks:
    1- Put the website up
    2- Open the CFP
    3- Advertise to the community
    4- Define the minimum and maximum event size based on budget from sponsors
    5- Documents needed to visa (when applied)
    6- Hotels around the venue and discounts

    Please, yours comments are very appreciated!

    Best regards,

    Marco Sinhoreli
    Managing Consultant
    marco.sinhor...@shapeblue.com
    mobile: +55 21 98276 3636

    Praia de Botafogo 501, bloco 1 - sala 101 – Botafogo
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil - CEP 22250-040
    office: + 55 21 2586 6390 | fax: +55 21 2586 6002
    http://www.shapeblue.com/ | twitter: @shapeblue

    Em [DATE], "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> escreveu:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am personally OK with the event taking place in March, August, or
September (i.e. any of the dates you've suggested).

    >It might be a bit tight for March if the call for participation is not yet
open.

    >Also, I wonder if August might be tough for a bunch of people, though, as
they may be on vacation.

    >Let's keep the communication flowing with regards to this event. I know I
am very eager to attend it and I'm guessing others are, as well.

<marco.sinhor...@shapeblue.com>:

    >>> Hi Will and all.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
    >>>
    >>> The event day is booked but we have flexibility to change the dates.
    >>> Professor Rubens Queiroz from Unicamp agrees to change the date to 3rd
    >>> quarter. He suggested August or September in order to have enough time
and
    >>> to get rid of eventual overlapping with other IT event dates and to
prepare
    >>> our first CCC-BR. Our wish is to have an event with wide community
    >>> participation and I agree with yours arguments.
    >>>
    >>> The dates they have available on the 3rd quarter are:
    >>> August 09th - 10th
    >>> September 18th - 19th
    >>>
    >>> In August there are 3 auditoriums in both days and September 3
auditoriums
    >>> in 18th and 2 in 19th.
    >>>
    >>> The event will be transmitted online and the videos will be recorded.
ASAP
    >>> we have the website with CFP online, we will communicate to you all.
    >>>
    >>> I want that we all make this decision together as a community. For this
    >>> reason, please, thoughts and suggestions from all of you are very
welcome.

    >>> Best regards,
    >>>

    >>> Marco Sinhoreli
    >>> Managing Consultant
    >>> marco.sinhor...@shapeblue.com
    >>> mobile: +55 21 98276 3636
    >>>
    >>> Praia de Botafogo 501, bloco 1 - sala 101 – Botafogo
    >>> Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil - CEP 22250-040
    >>> office: + 55 21 2586 6390 | fax: +55 21 2586 6002
    >>> http://www.shapeblue.com/ | twitter: @shapeblue

    >>> on

OK.