Hi

I created https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1999 to return the
vpcid the VM belongs to in listVirtualMachines-

I need this for the cloudstack ansible modules to fully determine VMs
uniquely as listVirtualMachines returns all VMs (non-vpc and vpc) and
they can be named identically.

(I have currently implemented a workaround to go though listnetworks for
every VM, but this is a very expensive operation, and that is why I
wanted to solve it by returning the VPC id on the VM level.)

I had a discussion with ustcweizhou which says that a VM can be part of
multiple VPCs and therefore it would not make sense to add vpcid to the
response. I disagree, a VM can not be in different VPCs.

Can anyone join the discussion? Is it possible a VM can be in different
VPCs?

Thanks for the clarification

René