Disable, then delete works for me, too.

On 3/14/17, 7:49 PM, "Simon Weller" <swel...@ena.com> wrote:

    I agree with Sergey and Will. Let's disable it first.

    Simon Weller/615-312-6068

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Rafael Weingärtner [rafaelweingart...@gmail.com]
    To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org [dev@cloudstack.apache.org]
    Subject: [DISCUSS] Retirement of midonet plugin

    Dear ACS fellows,
    Recently there have been two threads asking and discussing the “midonet”
    integration with Apache CloudStack (ACS) [1-2].

    After quite some discussions, we noticed that despite having some people
    willing to use it, the plugin has never been fully developed by its vendor
    (Midokura). Further, nobody else has put the effort on fully testing and
    finishing its implementation. It seems that the plugin was incorporated
    into our code base without being fully finished. Moreover, I have asked
    around at the Midonet community, and the java client they use has changed
    quite a bit from the one we use.

    It begs the question, if it does not work, why do we advertise such
    integration? [3]. In my opinion, it would be great if we had such
    integration; however, we as a community of individuals cannot bear the
    burden with the cost of such task by ourselves.

    It seems we have three options; (i) disable the build for the plugin and
    let the code create its own mystic throughout time in ACS code base; (ii)
    remove everything; or (iii) someone that may benefit from this plugin jumps
    in and concludes the integration with Midonet using their new client.

    There maybe other solutions that I am not seeing. So, @Devs yours thoughts
    and comments are welcome ;)

    [1]

http://cloudstack.markmail.org/thread/qyedle5jb2c34gsc#query:+page:1+mid:xn2zq2v3eim5vl2q+state:results