Always happy to share, but I won’t have time to work on porting this to
CloudStack any time soon.

Regards, Remi

On 03/05/2017, 13:44, "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

    Hi Remi, thanks for sharing. We would love to have those changes (for
4.9+), looking forward to your pull requests.

    Regards.

    ________________________________
    From: Remi Bergsma <rberg...@schubergphilis.com>
    Sent: 03 May 2017 16:58:18
    To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
    Subject: Re: Very slow Virtual Router provisioning with 4.9.2.0

    Hi,

    The patches I talked about:

    1) Iptables speed improvement
    Was reverted due to a licensing issue.

    2) Passwd speed improvement
    https://github.com/MissionCriticalCloudOldRepos/cosmic-core/pull/138

    By now, these are rather old patches so they need some work before they
apply to CloudStack again.

    Regards, Remi

    On 03/05/2017, 12:49, "Jeff Hair" <j...@greenqloud.com> wrote:

        Hi Remi,

        Do you have a link to the PR that was reverted? And also possibly the
code
        that makes the password updating more efficient?

        Jeff

        On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Remi Bergsma
<rberg...@schubergphilis.com>
        wrote:

        > Hi Wido,
        >
        > When we had similar issues last year, we found that for example
comparing
        > the iptables rules one-by-one is 1000x slower than simply loading
them all
        > at once. Boris rewrote this part in our Cosmic fork, may be worth
looking
        > into this again. The PR to CloudStack was merged, but reverted later,
can't
        > remember why. We run it in production ever since. Also feeding
passwords to
        > the passwd server is very inefficient (it operates like a snowball
and gets
        > slower once you have more VMs). That we also fixed in Cosmic, not
sure if
        > that patch made it upstream. Wrote it about a year ago already.
        >
        > We tested applying 10K iptables rules in just a couple of seconds.
1000

    rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com
    www.shapeblue.com
    @shapeblue