Oops I meant Harika, I know that Nathan you were working on something like
this a while back with Ceph so I assumed you where the one who proposed
this. Anyways, Harika, look at the locationType parameter in the
CreateSnaphsot API command. This is what you are looking to implement. Note
that this currently only works for Managed storage (SolidFire) so you'd
have to work it into the standard non-managed storage.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
-Syed