CentOS 6 <http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS6>

CentOS-6 updates until November 30, 2020

CentOS 7 <http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS7>

CentOS-7 updates until June 30, 2024

End of support dates from https://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General#head-fe8a0be91ee3e7dea812e8694491e1dde5b75e6d

Is there any reason why anyone would still be installing CentoOS6 on a new installation? I have not had any trouble running anything on CentoOS 7 that ran on CentOS 6.

Is there any reason why someone would want to upgrade Cloudstack on a Centos6 installation where upgrading to Centos 7 would be a problem.

It would certainly simplify documentation/instructions if one does not have to sort through /etc/init.d... and systemctl ... at every step that involves system functions.

Ron