Good points, Sateesh! Thanks for chiming in. :)

On Sep 30, 2017, at 4:03 AM, Sateesh Chodapuneedi
<sateesh.chodapune...@accelerite.com<mailto:sateesh.chodapune...@accelerite.com>>
 wrote:

Hi Andrija,
I’ve converted cluster-wide NFS based storage pools to zone-wide in the past.

Basically there are 2 steps for NFS and Ceph,
1. DB update
2. If there are more than 1 cluster in that zone, then do un-manage & manage
all the clusters except the original cluster

In addition to Mike’s suggestion, you need to do following,
• Set ‘scope’ of the storage pool to ‘ZONE’ in `cloud`.`storage_pool` table

Example SQL looks like below, given that the hypervisor in my setup is VMware.
mysql> update storage_pool set scope='ZONE', cluster_id=NULL, pod_id=NULL,
hypervisor='VMware' where id=<STORAGE_POOL_ID>;

With DB update, the changes would be reflected in UI as well.

Post the DB update, it is important to un-manage, followed by manage clusters
(except the original cluster to which this storage pool belongs to) so that all
hosts in other clusters also to connect to this storage pool, making this pool
as a full-fledged zone wide storage pool.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
Sateesh Ch,
CloudStack Development, Accelerite,