"supported for a minimum of 6 months after next LTS release or a total period of 24
months, whichever is greater"

Do you mean:

"supported for a minimum of 6 months after next LTS release or minimum of 24 months
after initial release, whichever is greater"

The web site should be updated to reflect the current policy and kept up to date as the policy changes. New users do not have the benefit of all of this discussion so they go by what the web site says and make their judgments about stability and support based on what it says.

It will be unusual for users to object to an extension of LTS if the initial commitment needs altering.

Ron