I've cross-posted this as it ultimately effects users more than developers.

I've created a wiki page with the EOL dates from the respective 'vendors' of
our main supported hypervisors and mgmt. server OSes.
I've taken End Of Life to be the end of 'mainstream' support i.e. the point at
which updates to packages will no longer be available.  And part of the
discussion should be whether this EOL date should be moved out to consider end
of security patching instead.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/WIP+-+UNOFFICIAL+-+PROPOSAL+-+EOL+Dates

I would like to propose, that as part of the release notes for the forthcoming
4.11 release and as a general announcement, that we declare that:

  *   For any OSes/Hypervisors that are already EOL - we will no longer
test/support them from the first release after June 2018 (6 months from now).
And they will be removed from codebase (mainly the database) in the first
release after Sept 2018 (9 months from now).
  *   We set End Of Support dates and Removal from Code dates for the remaining
OSes/Hypervisors.  I propose that End Of Support should be the first release
after EOL from the vendor, with code removal taking place in the first release
which occurs after 6 months from 'vendor' EOL date.

Thoughts please........

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.an...@shapeblue.comĀ