Thanks for the feedback, local storage is not supported for this feature for
now so such templates would not deploy. I’ve created the following ticket in
about the permenent repo, if you have the template already downloaded on the
storage it would not go and download it again, but as soon as it’s expunged
it’ll go and download it again upon deployment. So there should be an available
repo containing the templates.
On 8 Feb 2018, at 16:03, Nux! <n...@li.nux.ro<mailto:n...@li.nux.ro>> wrote:
Can you clarify the following about this feature:
- Is local storage supported?
- if above is Yes, then how are the templates synced between HVs?
- will it require a permanent repository of templates to be available whenever
a new HV needs to deploy them?
Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London WC2N 4HSUK
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicolas Vazquez" <nicolas.vazq...@shapeblue.com>
To: "dev" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 7 February, 2018 14:19:55
Subject: Experimental - Direct download for templates
A feature has been introduced on 4.11.0 allowing to register templates bypassing
secondary storage using a new option 'Direct Download'. It allows templates to
be directly downloaded into primary storage at VM deployment time. It is an
experimental feature and it is currently supported on KVM hypervisor only. PR:
A brief description on the current implementation:
- CloudStack allows registering Direct Download/Bypass Secondary Storage
templates for KVM hypervisor by setting the direct_download flag to true on
- Templates are not downloaded to secondary storage after they are registered on
CloudStack, are marked as Bypass Secondary Storage and as Ready for deployment.
- When Bypassed templates are selected for VM deployment, download is delegated
to the agents, which would store the templates on primary storage instead of
copying them from secondary storage
- Metalinks are supported, but aria2 dependency has to be manually installed on
There are currently some PRs in progress for 4.11.1 with some improvements for