Hi Nicolas

>From my past experiences, I prefer 1) HikariCP 2) Tomcat Pool 3) C3P0 4)
DBCP in that order. Although I don't have
any benchmark of my own to provide, and the ones you mentioned are really
informative anyway.

To me the broader subject is the _one_ who uses the pool, I mean if the
transactions are handled in a faster way and
released sooner and with shorter locks, generally speaking if it's more
efficient, I don't think from ACS point of view
there won't be much difference between the above mentioned options.

On the same subject, it might be more interesting to use Spring Boot in
general and Spring Boot Data in particular
rather than only changing the CP functionality, and slowly refactor/retire
the DAO layer in favor of Spring Boot equivalent
implementation.

Khosrow Moossavi

CloudOps