From: Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 1:16 PM
To: dev
Subject: Re: Latest Qemu KVM EV appears to be broken with ACS

Hi Simon, all,

did you try running CentOS with newer kernel - I just got a really strange
issue after upgrading KVM host from stock 1.5.3 to qemu-kvm-ev 2.12 with
stock kernel 3.10 (issues on Intel CPUs, while no issues on AMD Opteron),
which was fixed by upgrading kernel to 4.4 (Elrepo version).

My case was that SystemVM were not able to boot, stuck on "booting from
hard drive" SeaBios message (actually any VM with VirtIO "hardware") using
qemu-kvm-ev 2.12 (while no issues on stock 1.5.3).

What I could find is the that there are obviously some issues when using
nested KVM on top of ESXi (or HyperV), which is what I'm running.
When I switched template to Intel emulated one i.e. "Windows 2016" OS type
- VMs were able to boot just fine (user VM at least).

Might be related to original issue on this thread...

Best,
Andrija

--

Andrija Panić