On 28/03/2021 21:27, Stephan Seitz wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 28.03.2021, 20:33 +0200 schrieb Wido den Hollander:

On 26/03/2021 20:56, Stephan Seitz wrote:
Wido, thank's a lot!

I just had to look into the db. The correctly calculated SLAAC is
already there.

Double-check: The API and UI do show an IPv6 address for the NIC?

It's then up to you to make sure the Routers in  the (shared)
network
send out the proper Router Advertisements.

Also check on the hypervisor with 'ip6tables-save' and ipset to see
if
all the IPs have been programmed properly into the security groups.

Should just work. We have been using this code for years now.

Wido

I was a little puzzled due to the new UI. Indeed, it is shown in the
UI. I didn't check UI and API at first because of the outdated 4.11
docs which mentioned dhcp6. My fault and poor media literacy :)

To summarize: Your code works well and everything is configured (and
shown) as it should, I just tried the wrong approach with dhcp and
didn't look out of the box.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to SLAAC!

You're welcome!

Keep in mind that you should disable IPv6 privacy extensions or any other form that generates a different IPv6 address for the VM other then EUI-64/SLAAC.

Windows for example needs to be modified as well as by default it doesn't use the MAC of the NIC to generate an IPv6 address.

Wido

Stephan

Sorry for the noise!

Stephan