From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 5:07 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>;
us...@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>; m...@renemoser.net
<m...@renemoser.net>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] New life to Terraform Provider CloudStack with Apache
CloudStack project

Hi René,

>From the discussion thread on the terraform provider, you can see some
>interest and commitment (https://markmail.org/message/xultlpdihdrrg4gq) and
>quite recently Peter/Fraunhofer and I/ShapeBlue had a meeting with
>Chris/Hashicorp to discuss and understand the handover/fork of the archived
>provider repository that Hashicorp is unable to maintain it and we agreed on
>the next steps; following which I started this voting thread.

I think from a project point of view when integrations are not being maintained
by external projects, we should have a home within the Apache CloudStack
community to keep them alive and it makes it easy for ACS contributors to work
on it. There is nothing wrong with other providers/plugins being brought in by
contributors if there is interest and demand in the community. We've done this
before already, when the Kubernetes project removed providers from their
codebase we created a new home for it within ACS project to be maintained and
used by the ACS community:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-kubernetes-provider

Can you reconsider your vote? Or, is that a -1 binding vote (i.e. a veto)?
Thanks.

Regards.