Hi, sorry you didn't get a reply sooner, but I just noticed this. All I can
say is that yes, I've run into some issues as well with building on MacOS.
Most of them seem minor and scripting related, like you mention -
dependency on bash arrays was another I ran into, needed to install bash5.
Generally I have been able to get it to work by tweaking my environment so
the codebase doesn't need to be, and with a native ARM JRE it only takes ~2
minutes to build the entire code base!