Hi Daniel and all,

With my PMC hat on, I'm +1 on implementing this PR. "The show must go on" as they say.

I also see no reason this should wait for 5.0, there is nothing special about v5 that I know of, it's just a number.

The PR is indeed quite large and it has the potential to "inconvenience" any release, should we postpone it. I am a bit weary it may break some things and/or catch some users unprepared that may rely on log4j (v1) specifics, but at the end of the day it's "just" logging and any healthy open source project needs to make progress.

The one issue I have - as a non-coder - is that there could have been better comms around this issue on the mailing list, I'm not great at following Github developments.

My 2 pence,
Lucian

On 2023-05-01 14:27, Daniel Salvador wrote:
Abhishek,

I do not see why it would be a 5.0 change. Also, ACS 5.0 is a discussion the community has been having for a long time from now and is something we
are too far away to achieve consensus.

The patch is important to enable further development for the log management on ACS and facilitate everyone's life while coding and troubleshooting. If you think it is too much work for the RM, I reiterate that I am willing to
be the 4.19 RM and conduct/execute all of the work.

Best regards,
Daniel Salvador (gutoveronezi)