On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Geoff Howard wrote:

> As I understand it (and intend to use it) the flow is not supposed to be
> actually performing the heavy lifting of your business logic, but
> "glue"ing it all together.  You can do any transactional handling in a
> real java class which is then called by a simple flow.  Does that meet
> your need?

No, it doesn't. Yes, I can write extra components which handles the
difficult stuff, and glue them together with 3 lines of JavaScript.
But at this point, the easiness of JavaScript is obsolete, and makes
the thing more difficult.

And I don't like temporary solutions like using servlet filter to
close my transaction.

But thank you ;-)

The real problem is that you have in the current Javascript implementation
an executing of a function over serveral page, which can cause timeouts
if you have open transactions, for example.

tx.begin()
sendPage(A)
tx.doSomething();
sendPage(b)
tx.doSomething();
tx.commit();

This is not good pratice, moreover it's dangerous. If you use method
between the pages, you doesn't came on the idea to write this from above.

page A
doActionA()
page B
doActionB()

doAction()
{
 tx.begin
 tx.doSomething();
 tx.commit();
}

And also the ATCT solution not a good pratice in my eyes, because
you can also get the idea that the first snippet work.

So in POV, the best solution for me is some kind of FSM in XML,
which uses 'cut down'-Actions(without redirector), which the continuation
concept.

This will not be a problem until we decide to focus on a javascript-only
implementation.

Stephan.