Hugo Burm wrote:
I dump my DOM node with org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMUtil.node2String to a
string.
Then I try to parse this string, hoping to create a copy of the original
node, but I get a number of parser errors.

The problem is that node2String expands entities like "&" into "&". And
when I parse the resulting string, I get the errors I could wait for.

I can do a workaround myself (search and replace). But I am wondering: is
this behaviour by intention or is it a bug? If not, how can I do this round
trip more  gracefully?

I have the feeling that I did miss something elementary. But I did all the
obvious things (checking the archives and trying Google).

Hugo,

Looking at the API docs for Node, couldn't you just call cloneNode() [1]? It looks like you can set if you want a deep copy or not.

HTH

Tony

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/org/w3c/dom/Node.html#cloneNode(boolean)