Christopher Oliver wrote:
Ugo Cei wrote:

These days I'm banging my head against the limitations of template
languages. I've tried XSP and it's not in any way limited, but it has
its share of problems (difficult to debug and offers too many ways to
shoot oneself in the foot), JXTemplate{Transformer,Generator} (no way to
call methods on context objects, no decent arithmetic)

What exactly is the problem with the arithmetic in Jexl and/or JXPath? What problem did you encounter calling methods? You should be able to with do that with both Jexl and JXPath.

Regards,

Chris

I'll try to come up with an example but I seem to remember having problems doing even a simple counter. And WRT calling Java methods, I must admit I didn't even try it. Since it's not documented I thought it wasn't even implemented ;-).

Ugo

-- Ugo Cei - Consorzio di Bioingegneria e Informatica Medica P.le Volontari del Sangue, 2 - 27100 Pavia - Italy Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]