IMO a bug in Cocoon 2.1 that makes a 2.1.1 necessary, doesn't it? I
think many production environments depend on external sources and many
use proxy firewalls.

Without looking into the sources: could this be a problem with the
httpclient library?

Additionally Sylvains fixes to the I18n transformer that make the
upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.1 smoother would also be worth being released
ASAP!

What do you think?

Reinhard