Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

On Friday, Aug 15, 2003, at 23:49 Europe/Rome, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

And this really demonstrates how dangerous can be this translation to positional parameter ;-)

why don't we fix this, then?

Well, positional parameters have been there since day one in FlowScript, and many of the existing flows, including Cocoon's own flow libraries such as XMLForm and Woody rely on this feature.

So we can't remove it abruptly. But we could deprecate it, meaning keep it functional to avoid breaking things, but remove any reference to this feature in the code and the docs.

Sylvain