On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 06:11 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Jeremy Quinn wrote:

Hi All

Does anyone know the correct syntax for getting a Sitemap parameter in JXTemplate?

I have tried all of the following:

#{cocoon/parameters["publishedJobServer"]}
#{cocoon/parameters/publishedJobServer/}
${cocoon.parameters["publishedJobServer"]}
${cocoon.getParameters("publishedJobServer")}
${cocoon.parameters.publishedJobServer}

The first two throw exceptions, the others output nothing.
I can use cocoon.getParameters("publishedJobServer") in my FlowScript without a problem, but I would prefer not to have to pass it specially to the view in cocoon.sendPage().

Any ideas?

The "cocoon" object only exists in the flowscript. In JXTemplate, you can directly access the "parameters" variable : #{$parameters.getParameter('publishedJobServer')}

I cannot get this to work, I get:
org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Invalid XPath: '$parameters.getParameter(\"publishedJobServer\")'. Syntax error after: '$p'

If I try :

${$parameters.getParameter('publishedJobServer')}

nothing happens

This makes me think we should unify the notation across the various components of a flow-script application.
In this regard, it would be more consistent to have "request", "session", "context" and "parameter" as children of a "cocoon" variable instead of having them directly as toplevel variables.

I agree

Or are they available as toplevel variables to mimic JSTL from which JXTemplate is inspired ?

They look like they are by a cursory reading of the code, but I have not been able to read many yet ;)

Thanks for your suggestions

regards Jeremy