Robert Simmons wrote:

*Snip many good points*

Issues Im not privy to directly but concerned about:

6) Project Lint. Over time any project accumulates an amount of lint in the
form of dead code, unused classes and unused methods. How much of this is in
cocoon and how can we get it out?

I have found that trying to use tools to verify the "lint" in a project with true separation of components and interfaces, the method coverage metrics generate a bunch of false positives. You will find that all your Generators won't be directly connected to in code, so they will be tagged unused code. You might be able to find which methods on an interface are not used, but tools for environments like this are not advanced enough yet.

Nevertheless, certain IDEs like JetBrains IDEA is very good at finding dead
private methods, unused variables, unused parameters (and determining if the
method is from an interface or not), etc.  I wish I was aware of an OS project
that was that advanced.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin